Tuesday, July 31, 2007

my latest endeavor

So I guess I'll start treating this blog like most real bloggers do... like a blog (and not just a place to post a hundred photos of Adam, no matter how stinkin' cute and hilarious he is--and he is both of those). No worries, he'll still fill up the majority of the space here (this kid is too spoiled... he really does need a sibling to give him a reality check!).


ANYWAY, so my latest endeavor has been typing up old U.S. Census records from the year 1900 through http://www.familysearchindexing.org/. What a great program! All you do is register (easy and free), download the software (again, easy and free), and start to work. Through everyone's combined efforts, all of these names will go into a massive database for us all to search and hopefully find our ancestors and further our family history work. It's so convenient and I'm so grateful to be able to put in this service a little each day. Plus it feels a little more productive than "Guitar Hero"... another recent addiction! Oh, but there's still a time and a place for that too. ;)

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I am so happy we are fellow heroes! (Huitar heroes, that is.) Hooray for rock and or roll!
Your pictures are adorable, and don't apologize for the Adam ones... he deserves all the space you give him here.
Anyway, I am now a blogger too, you'll have to check me out.