Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Entertainment

Sure motherhood is a full-time job, but it often provides full-time entertainment! Adam has been saying the most random and hilarious things lately. Well, hilarious to us anyway. Like in the car yesterday,

Adam: "Daddy's yelling at people."
Me: "He's yelling at people? Why?"
Adam: "Cuz. We need to stop him."
Me, in an effort to make sure we're talking about the same thing: "Show me how he's yelling."
Adam: "He's yelling like, like, 'AAAHH!'"
Me: "Adam, Daddy doesn't yell at people. It's not nice to yell at people."
Adam: "Yes, he IS yelling. We need to stop him."

...?? Where on earth did that come from? I'm sure I've never heard Guy yell at anyTHING, let alone anyONE. It's so funny the way he's creating stuff in his mind lately. Actually, Guy does have a tendency to get a little over-excited watching games on tv... maybe he got it from there. Then today, we were leaving the WAC (the gym where I work), and somehow Adam got on birthdays...

Adam: "It's DADDY'S birthday."
Me: "Not quite yet, we still have to wait a little while until it's Daddy's birthday."
Adam: "No, it IS Daddy's birthday."
Me: "Oh..."
Adam: "Daddy's an old man."
Me, laughing: "Oh, really?"
Adam: "Yeah, Daddy's an old man."

...Well, it's never a dull moment! Always something to smile about, no matter how crazy life gts. :)

8 comments:

Sue said...

The worst part about living away from family is missing the cute day-to-day things your nieces/nephews do. We miss you guys!

Jill said...

i love adam! he says the funniest things. especially when we have the luncheons. he always has something up his sleeve to say. cutest guy ever! you can tell guy that jake and i think he is old too.....tehehe

Laurel said...

Hmmm... I would definitely be the one caught yelling. I guess I'll have to work on that before Isabel starts talking, huh? :)

Persianlass said...

you may not remember me, but you came to my wedding reception.
Just wanted to say, you have a gorgeous boy and I am happy you and Guy are so happy! You belong to a great family!

Carmen/Alan said...

That is too cute! He sounds and looks like he is getting soo big.

Karin said...

i LOVE this boy! Didn't he say Matt is an old man, too? So funny!

Scott and Megan said...

adorable little adam. it was so good to see you at the reception I wish we could have spent more time chatting together. hope you are feeling much much better :)

Marci said...

Adam is so cute! I'm glad I can check in on you through your blog! Raegan is saying funny things too! They are such a fun age!