Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ok, a couple more

Just 2 more pix of our recent rebel. Well, the first pic is less rebellious, more rocker. He (and we) loves rockin' out to Guitar Hero w/our friends and neighbors Nikki & Braden. So addicting!

The next picture is definitely more rebellious. Now, Adam's had issues latey w/drawing on his hands/arms/legs, and we've had many discussions that this isn't an ok practice. So, when he came into the kitchen the other day to show off some new black-marker artwork all over his his hands, I had to take a deep breath first and not give him the big reaction that I knew he was looking for. I began explaining, once again, that our bodies are special and not for drawing on. I listed things that we can draw on, and he added, "...and my bed..." Uh oh, red flag. We walked to his bedroom and found just what he had suggested. Ahh! Marker comes out, right? Guy's reaction when he came home from school was to comment on how good the artwork and letters were. :) Later, when re-telling the story to my mom, she asked if I took a picture. Of course not! I took the sheet right off the bed and put him in time out. So, I had to go back later (without Adam watching) and take a picture. Here's to fun parent-moments like this and inevitably many more to come! :)



7 comments:

Laurel said...

Michelle went through a "carving" phase, using Scott's pocket knife attachments to ruin all sorts of things in the house. Shen even carved "Turtle Power", hoping my mom would blame our then unable to write little brother Brett for the infraction. Little kids are so funny.

Scott and Megan said...

love it and his letter are really quite nice!

Sue said...

Ouch!!!

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Adam is sooo big and SUPER cute! I'm sad we never got to see you guys when you were out last. We miss you!!

Alicia said...

He does have very nice lettering. :) Maybe he can teach my sophomores a thing or two. :)

Carmen/Alan said...

I am so glad you shared this moment. I thought I was the only one going through this with Dallin ;)

Beth said...

Ahhhh! When did Adam get so big?! I'm loving your blog and missing you guys. Hope you make it out this summer - any plans?