Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Awesome Wife!

I usually don't post on our blog, but this weekend my amazing wife is out of town at a dental spouses convention and I thought I would take the opportunity to brag.

We have been in Wisconsin for school for almost 4 years now, and in those four years our lives (especially Kristin's) have changed. Before we moved Kristin was pretty much the main bread winner in our family with a great job that she loved and was great at. When we came out for school we were blessed with our sweet little Adam and Kristin was transformed into stay-at-home mom in a place far away from our old life and most anyone that we knew. I know that happens to a lot of people, but I just wanted to say how impressed I am with my wife and how much initiative she takes in every new role life brings to her table.

I can't stop and think about all the things that Kristin is involved in without getting tired myself. Whether it is this dental spouses alliance, one of the multiple church callings that she more than magnifies, getting trained to teach aerobics, sewing blankets, always trying new recipes, the countless times she has volunteered to babysit for someone in a crunch, the hours she has spent talking to friends that just needed a shoulder to cry on, or most importantly how she somehow still has the energy to chase a little 3 year old rocket around the house and teach him how to read, work, listen, pray, mind, etc...

Another thing that means more to me than she will ever know is how she has never doubted me once while I have at times struggled through school. Kristin never complains, and has a way of seeing the silver lining in every tough situation we go through. I really could not have made it through school without her.

I love you so much babe, and am so proud of everything you have become over the past four years. You are such a wonderful example to me and Adam, and I am so excited to see what this next chapter in our life brings.

10 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Kristin is amazing! We totally agree and we're glad she joined our family! Thanks Guy for choosing a great one.

Beth said...

I second everything you said, Guy; Kristin's great and we love her and all of you. You're a pretty sweet husband yourself to post such a loving commentary and to notice all the great things about your wife!

Sue said...

I'm crying...a lot! Love you both!

Mesia said...

oh, that was so sweet....you are making me cry!!!

Jessica said...

Wow,you are a lucky girl. What a sweet husband to take the time to sit and write that!

Becky Lewis said...

Guy and Kristin and Adam.....you are such wonderful people and I am so happy to share this earth life with you all. Just so you know, I am constantly soliciting for a baby for your family.
Love you all!!

Alicia said...

Awe... This is the greatest thing I've read in a long time. You guys are awesome!

Jon & Kim said...

So sweet Guy! She really is such a neat person. We miss you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

You couldn't be more right, Guy! I am REALLY going to miss you Kristin when you have to leave. You are such a terrific person and fabulous example:)

Katie

Marci said...

That was so sweet. We are so excited for you guys to be fellow Idahoans. Congrats on finishing school! You guys are both awesome!