Tuesday, May 26, 2009

MAJOR road trip

Can't believe we're finally here! And finally with internet again (I finally feel a little more normal again). I had 3 full days of driving alone w/Adam in the car and Guy had 3 full days of driving the Penske while towing our other car... almost as enviable:). Adam actually did amazingly well... the 1st and 3rd days. Day #2 was really rough for both of us. Not sure who started it, me or him. But we're here in Mountain Home and we survived!

Here are just a few of my favorite lines from Adam during the trip:
  • 7 minutes into the trip on day one: "Are we to Idaho yet?"
  • A while later: "But we're not getting any exercise. You, or me, or Daddy aren't getting any exercise!"
  • "Mom, can you please not let that smell come back here?" (Said anytime I opened the bag of peppered beef jerky... a must for me and road trips!)

Adam also kept asking to go to the park with his friends. He loves his friends! Missing you all already.

3 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Glad you made it safe and sound. Hope you settle in and love it there! Oh and we want to see some graduation pics! Congrats Guy!

Laurel said...

Adam is so funny! I'm glad your venture was safe and that hopefully we'll get to see you more often. How fun to be right be Karin now!!!

Karin said...

Oh, Adam- we are excited to be so close!