Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Catching up on October

Although I haven't caught up on much else this year, I thought I'd catch up on October just 'cuz it was so much fun...

I introduced the making-of-doughnuts-on-priesthood-night tradition here. Somehow I even got my friend to offer to have it at her place, so it was HER house that stunk of oil and doughnuts for the whole week! Thx again, Dez. ;)
I have two friends! That's what I pay 'em for, anyway.

Took a walk to a park that's fairly close...
LOVE this dude!! Can't even begin to describe it.
We were running low on bread, so we shared our leftover waffles with the friendly ducks, who were apparently very fond of the breakfast treat. Who knew?!
Adam was stoked at how eager the ducks were to get close to us for a treat.
Unlike usual, Adam was totally posing for a bunch of shots here. This one made me laugh. ;)
Another activity... this time at our place. Decorating halloween cookies! How domestic.
Yes, the same two friends :)
(can't afford many others on my payroll right now)
Last soccer games of the season. Wait, there were only 4 games total. Highlight of the "season" for me: Adam pausing in the middle of play (and a bunch of kids swarming around him for the ball) to apply some chapstick that he'd found in his pocket. Funny kid.
Preschool field trip! 9am to 1pm sounded like a great morning to myself while Adam has a great time with his preschool buddies. Then I found out that nearly every other parent chose to see it as a great opportunity to spend the morning with their child. So, I got guilted into going as well. The "other parents" were right, though... it was a ton of fun! Adam couldn't get enough of the hay bale maze and huge corn/wheat "sand"boxes.

We conquered the hay bale mountain together! Adam was so excited. See what I would've missed out on?! Thank goodness for guilt sometimes. ;)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Glad you decided to share your October fun! Love you guys.

Natalie said...

What a fun October...not going to lie I feel sad I'm not there hanging out with you guys! I want to decorate some cookies and make doughnuts with friends!! hehe