Our good friends Katie and Ricky were SO nice to let us stay at their place the whole time. Now we're just looking to repay the favor! We really had so much fun. Of course, I secretly stopped by Oscars for some frozen custard on my way to pick up Guy from the airport (he flew in several hours after us). I was very disappointed that the flavor of the day included banana-flavored custard, but I still got one. It's all about the homemade waffle cone anyway, right? We were spoiled by delicious dinners both in and out... including a trip to The Comet Cafe, which you really just have to experience to appreciate. I got to crash a baby shower, borrowed and read Catching Fire, and of course another visit to Oscar's. And of course this whole time Adam and Grace are constantly playing together in the basement... rarely to be bothered.
The highlight of the trip for Guy and I was definitely being able to attend church with our old branch. We missed a few people, but it was SO good to see everyone and catch up on how they're doing. Ok, so it's only been like 5 months since we moved, but it was great anyway. It was especially meaningful for me to be able to share our pregnancy news with most everyone. These are some close friends who've known us for a while and I could tell they really appreciated how much this miracle (miracleS!) has meant to us. Church Sunday was followed-up by another delicious dinner with more good friends and great times. Oh, and Katie, I have a great pelmeni recipe for you whenever you're ready for it. ;) Guy left Sunday night, which brings us to my and Adam's last two days when I finally pulled out the camera...
This shot pretty much sums up Adam's attitude the whole trip. He was so excited to be there and play with his friends. Always running from one thing to the next.
Waiting for Gracie... what a gentleman.
These guys were a little too excited about the pirate display... couldn't get them to sit still w/the other kids for the next group shot.


7 comments:
So glad you had such a fun trip!
Awwwwwww.... miss you so much! It was SO GREAT to see you and hang out like old times!
Kristin, it was so so so good to see you and to hear your news! I'm really glad you "crashed" the baby shower! I wish you guys were still in the Branch so we could throw you your own killer baby shower! I hope things are going well and you're still feeling good...we miss you guys a ton!
Oh, Adam is just so cute. I can't wait to see him as a big brother! Your trip looks like it was just perfect for you guys. Fun fun.
Wow, it is beautiful there in the fall...looks like such a fun trip!
I wish I went with you!!!
When's your next trip out here? We miss you again? No Russian dish for me. I just don't think it is meant to be a match between me and whatever that dumpling was called. Loved having you here. Sigh. Is Guy getting a job out here yet?
Post a Comment