Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Their progress

3 posts in 2 days? That's unheard of. Especially by me, who's lucky to post once or twice in the same month. This post is purely for my own enjoyment. Not many parents are lucky enough to have pictures of their children quite as early-on in life as this...


This first pic is the one we got from our doctor's office on the day of the transfer. Little did we know at that point that both babies (sorry, just can't bring myself to call them 8- and 10-celled embryos:) would decide to stick around. Technically, these embryos are just 3 days gestation... but in the whole 40-week scheme of pregnancy, we're 2 weeks 3 days pregnant at this point. (Doesn't make much sense, I know... just smile and nod your head.)



6 weeks and 6 days. Moving quickly on! The kiddos are growing fast with heartbeats and everything. Labeled "A" and "B", they still have their yolk sacs (that's the circular thing next to the little peanut-looking-things). We found out we were pregnant at 4 weeks when they were just the size of a poppy seed. Here they're actually about as big as blueberries.

Now we're 8 weeks 6 days... about the size of a grape! The doctor thought our 6-week ultrasound was a little early so he had us come in again. Of course we didn't complain. :) I didn't get a shot of both of them together at this visit, but the first pic is "A" (head at the top-left, spine across the bottom) and second is "B" (head at the top, spine down the right side).


Looking a little more human, here they are at 11 weeks 3 days. Again, "A" and "B" respecively. They're about as big as figs (just over 1.5"), not that this clarification helps much because most people don't generally come across those every day.
And finally the most recent! Here we are at 19 weeks and 4 days, almost the size of a banana, head-to-foot (not measured head-to-rump anymore). At this ultrasound they were very active and cooperative as we quickly determined their gender. No longer babies "A" and "B"... we've got our little girl and boy! :)

11 comments:

Alicia said...

I love hearing all about this process/miracle. Keep it up! So so happy!

Katie said...

I relish hearing all about the details!!

Jon & Kim said...

It is so fun to read about all of your exciting news. For those of us who may never have the experience of being pregnant it is neat to hear someone be so positive and grateful for it. Most women just complain about the whole thing. What miracles you have growing!!!! You look darling!!!

Tim and Sara said...

I love that you get one of each! So fun! And I love that we are simultaneously teaching the same lesson today. I think mine went well, hope yours was great! I will tell everyone hi for you. We miss you guys and I am anxiously watching your blog for a belly shot since I don't get to see it in person!

Scott and Megan said...

I am so glad to hear of the wonderful details. I am always fascinated as to why the heck they compare in size every inner organ to a fruit...hmmm...love the pictures of the wee ones, but the one of your belly is the best! That is YOU with a belly!!! HOly COW! A.Mazing. absolutely unreal!

Deb & Craig Daly said...

So exciting! It is so amazing how fast they grow. I hope you are feeling good!

Robby said...

After...several sibling pregnancies now you would think I could make sense of those pictures...no...not even close. I'm sure with our own kid's I'm going to just have to fake it too. But I'm glad they are BOTH there and healthy!!! Every Christmas keeps getting more crowded and I love it!

Sherri said...

We are so excited for you. All the details are great.

Marci said...

I love it! Such neat pictures! And your belly looks so cute too! I like the colors for the nursery idea. Good luck with that! By the way, we would love it if you ventured to the east side of Idaho--you are welcome for a visit here anytime! We would LOVE it!

T & E's Blog said...

That's so exciting!! It truly is such a miracle-especially when you see the pictures on a cellular level. Amazing!!!

Amy and the boys said...

Congrats! I'm so excited you're getting one of both. And I bet Adam will be happy to have a brother to wrestle around with! Keep up the good work. It's hard work being pregnant! I'm so excited for you!