Besides being 31 weeks and 3 days pregnant as of today (this pic is actually a week old... and I was sick, yuck:), here's what else we've been up to lately...
Adam and his "inventions". He takes this very seriously... pulling out his workbench, light, and legos.

Now we're building robots. Though Guy was in the picture (per Adam's request), neither of us had anything to do with this creation. Can you believe the creativity, not to mention patience, of this 4-year-old? Of course this is a biased parent talking, but he really surprises us sometimes.

4-wheeling! We're so lucky to have my sister and her family living close. Not to mention sharing their fun toys! We took their 4-wheelers out the other day and had a blast. Well, I sat in the car while everyone else had a blast... didn't think the babies would appreciate all the bouncing around. Don't want them making their grand entrance quite yet! Oh yeah, and check out the minivan in the background of the first pic. Yep... thanks to these new kiddos, we're now officially a minivan family! We love it, actually. No hesitation on the purchase... proud to be minivan owners! ;)


Don't know if it's being pregnant or what, but for some reason I all of a sudden got the idea that I could make a quilt. TWO quilts, actually. Right now they're both still mostly in squares... I'm scared to attempt putting it all together. I really have no idea what I'm doing, but hopefully it'll turn out looking somewhat decent. The kids will know I tried anyway, right? :)

Indoor swimming with cousins! We had fun on Guy's day off last week. Adam couldn't get enough of the pool. Guy couldn't quite hide his surprise that I actually fit into my bathing suit... sort of.
Love these boys


Last but definitely not least, my cinnamon roll SUCCESS! For years I have tried making my Grame's cinnamon roll recipe, and never have they turned out! Usually due to me messing up the yeast process... yeast and I have never gotten along too well. But I keep trying every year or two, hoping someday I'll conquer the recipe so I don't let down my Grame, Granma, and Mom who've passed this deliciousness on down to me. Well, for some reason I got the itch to try again. I have no idea what I did differently (maybe it was Adam helping me), but they actually turned out! The dough rose when it was supposed to rise, and they tasted almost like my Mom's. Still not perfect, but we're working towards it. I know no one out there probably cares too much, but hopefully I made these ladies proud! :)
Now we're building robots. Though Guy was in the picture (per Adam's request), neither of us had anything to do with this creation. Can you believe the creativity, not to mention patience, of this 4-year-old? Of course this is a biased parent talking, but he really surprises us sometimes.
4-wheeling! We're so lucky to have my sister and her family living close. Not to mention sharing their fun toys! We took their 4-wheelers out the other day and had a blast. Well, I sat in the car while everyone else had a blast... didn't think the babies would appreciate all the bouncing around. Don't want them making their grand entrance quite yet! Oh yeah, and check out the minivan in the background of the first pic. Yep... thanks to these new kiddos, we're now officially a minivan family! We love it, actually. No hesitation on the purchase... proud to be minivan owners! ;)
Don't know if it's being pregnant or what, but for some reason I all of a sudden got the idea that I could make a quilt. TWO quilts, actually. Right now they're both still mostly in squares... I'm scared to attempt putting it all together. I really have no idea what I'm doing, but hopefully it'll turn out looking somewhat decent. The kids will know I tried anyway, right? :)
Indoor swimming with cousins! We had fun on Guy's day off last week. Adam couldn't get enough of the pool. Guy couldn't quite hide his surprise that I actually fit into my bathing suit... sort of.
Last but definitely not least, my cinnamon roll SUCCESS! For years I have tried making my Grame's cinnamon roll recipe, and never have they turned out! Usually due to me messing up the yeast process... yeast and I have never gotten along too well. But I keep trying every year or two, hoping someday I'll conquer the recipe so I don't let down my Grame, Granma, and Mom who've passed this deliciousness on down to me. Well, for some reason I got the itch to try again. I have no idea what I did differently (maybe it was Adam helping me), but they actually turned out! The dough rose when it was supposed to rise, and they tasted almost like my Mom's. Still not perfect, but we're working towards it. I know no one out there probably cares too much, but hopefully I made these ladies proud! :)


10 comments:
They look DELICIOUS; wish I could reach right through the computer and grab one! I'll have to tell you sometime about my similar story trying to perfect Alan's mom's amazing cinnamon rolls!
ALSO, Adam is an inventive genius; maybe someday Scott can take care of the patents for his inventions!
Man I want some of those cinnamon rolls! Something about pregnancy has my sweet tooth in OVER-DRIVE! And man Adam, you are one talented little builder/inventor! I'm WAY impressed!
Wow, you are all belly! I would be belly + thighs + double chin! You look great. Wish I was there to help :(
Lookin GOOD!!!
Adam is way impressive. What a good little builder.
I am actually making muffins with cinnamon in them while I read this so you cinnamon rolls look extra good.
Lastly good luck getting your quilts done. For some reason I always run out of steam when it comes to getting them all together.
I am loving your big belly... I just wish I looked as cute as you prego. Darn these Lee genes. Boo.
Anyway, I can't wait to see those babies!
I can't believe you're not IN the pool! That was my favorite place to be with a big belly - such a nice alleviation of the weight!
I remember 4 wheeling when I was pregnant with Avery (the only pregnancy I was able to enjoy the toys since the other 2 pregnancies were in Milwaukee) and it was pretty ridiculous. I had to go super slow because the bumps weren't great, but I was determined to do it! Of course I wasn't as far along as you, with twins no less, so you certainly don't need to bump them out yet! :)
You look great!
You are getting so close! You look great, Kristin. I have always struggled with the yeast process and cinnamon rolls as well, way to go!
I read this and think: NESTING! I totally did the same thing. I went into overdrive before Cass was born- remember the playgroup Halloween party at my house with about 25 kids - 2 weeks before Cass was born?!
I love the quilt! Way to go Mama!
Miss you so much!!!!!
Ha! I just keep coming back to see that first picture of your belly! I LOVE it!
Post a Comment