Friday, May 14, 2010

Jack's home! (For real this time)

Thursday, May 6, Jack came home for good. Yea! He had a follow-up visit w/his pediatric ENT and we set a tentative surgery date for June 1. Yea! Here's a pic I took on the drive home from the hospital. We tried to get a quick family pic... not super successful, but good enough for now (trust me--this was the best of all of them).
Between my c-section and Jack/Sadie being in the NICU, I never got my "typical" post-delivery-holding-both-my-newborns picture. So I finally got one... just 5 weeks late. (Happy Mother's Day to me:)

Another life-saver! Guy's sister Marie spent a week with us, taking care of babies, the house, dinner, ... not to mention playing with Adam non-stop. We're sure being spoiled with help. And we love it! She even sacrificed her Mother's Day to be with us. Little did she know that her husband and seven children would plan a surprise trip up to be with her that day. They woke up at 3am to join us for 9am church. Too bad I didn't get any pictures of the day-long party. It was great to have everyone over. What a family!

Sweet babies!
(The NICU nurses really encourage using pacifiers, for more than one reason. Jack and Sadie are happy to comply)


3 comments:

Steph said...

They are so cute!!! I can't wait until they're big enough to bring down to Orem. I'm so happy things are working out and Jack could come home!

Karisa and John said...

Hip hip hooray Jack! That was a long time for him to be stuck in the hospital. We're so glad that the doctors figured out what was wrong and that it's fixable.

I can't believe you're a mother of THREE now! Crazy.

Beth said...

Welcome home, Jack!