Well, first with the back-story: Jack had his surgery on the 1st of this month. Everything went really well--thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! Besides the fact that the surgery started way later than it was supposed to (poor Jack was starving by the time he was allowed to eat again), things went pretty smoothly. In fact, the most traumatic part of the day had nothing to do with Jack at all. It had everything to do with me getting visually scarred when an older man "accidentally" and full-out MOONED ME in the waiting room! I swear, looking back, I almost think he did it on purpose! We were the only two people in the corner of the room. I was waiting for Guy to get back from filling out paperwork. He was sitting kiddie-corner from me when he got up and kinda mumbled something to me about needing to move his legs. He then bent over in front of me (presumably to pick up a magazine from the table) and I got a full-view of his business, best kept hidden. YIKES! I'm not going into any more detail. Though I did try to draw comfort from Guy when he finally returned; of course he didn't believe me. I'm not sure how I'll ever recover. Although, they do say that it's therapeutic to share your feelings when traumatic things happen to you. Hopefully this helps.
Anyway, Jack's ENT decided to keep the feeding tube in for a few more weeks to slowly get him used to the bottle again. So, we started doing 3/4 through the tube and 1/4 with the bottle. Then moved up to 1/2 and 1/2. Well, the other day while we were out of town (house-hunting... what a miserable day!), Jack decided that he was sick of the tube and pulled it out himself. Instead of just putting it back in like we've always done, we thought we'd try some feedings w/out the tube and he did really well. After his follow-up appointment, and with the doctor's permission, the tube is officially gone for good. Way to go, Jack, for taking initiative to get that thing outta there! We're so glad to see your happy personality coming out a little more now. :)
Our smiley boy! Oh I love this stage... it's so rewarding to see them looking up at you like this!


11 comments:
They are soo cute! I'm so glad everything went to smoothly with his little surgery. I forgot to ask you about it at church! I had too many other questions! I am determined to hold both those babies still!! =)
totally laughing!!! You should've mooned him back! :)
Glad everything went well! They're just so darn cute!
Congrats Baby Jack!!
I almost peed my pants I was picturing you in that situation... yikes!!
oh kristin, I am so relieved and just all around happy to knkow all went well. I am impressed with his weight gain with all that has been going on. I seriously couldn't be happier! They are adorable and I truly can't wait to see you June 20!!!!!
Yay for Jack! I'd be all smiles too to finally get rid of that tube! Landon's 10 lbs now so he should fit right in with those two! Can't wait to see you guys!
HAHA! Even though I loved the update with Jack and how well the surgery went .... I still can't quit smiling .... just thinking of you and the "mooner" just cracks me up!!! That is soooo disgusting!! So glad things went well for Jack and that he is eating well! Love the pictures and when you guys leave :( please keep us updated through your blog. I will be a Leavitt Blog Stalker and I admit it!!
Oh my gosh! I love that picture of Jack with your mom! I'm glad he's doing well.
Hip, hip, hooray - the tube is gone! Those kiddos keep getting cuter by the day! Can't wait to see them in person in a week. How did the house hunting go?
Hip, hip, hooray - the tube is gone! Those kiddos keep getting cuter by the day! Can't wait to see them in person in a week. How did the house hunting go?
I am so glad Jack is doing so well. Can't wait to see you guys.
WAY TO GO JACK!!!!!! They are so cute! I can't believe how much they are growing!!! Loves to you and your cute family! We miss you!
Post a Comment