Friday, March 07, 2008

Tagged: For the love of my hubby

What is your husband's name? Guy ("Yes, you are a guy. Quite a guy. Oh my. Hey, that rhymes! Yikes. Bikes!"--For you, Alicia!)

How long have you been together? Hmmm... our 7th anniversary is in June. That seems so long!

Where and how did you meet? Blind date -- Yeah, guess we'll always owe a big one to Nate Walker (Guy's friend) and Michelle McConkie Walker (my cousin) for setting us up. We doubled and went to dinner at the Pizza Factory, a BYU soccer game, and then a movie at my parents house (Better Off Dead--classic). :)

How long did you date? 4 months before we got engaged

Where did you honeymoon? Good ol' Cali! Love that place. I NEED A FROZEN BANANA!

Who eats more? At meals, Guy. But I'm definitely more of a snacker! That's what I get for being a stay-at-home mom... that cupboard is always within reach. :)

Who said I love you first? Guy did, but I waited weeks for him to do it!

Who is taller? He is. Wait, uh... yeah, he is. (5'2" vs. 5'11"...)

Who has more speeding tickets? Must we bring this up? I do.

Who can sing better? Guy definitely! Thanks to singing hymns next to my mom in church, I'm okay. But I basically crumble if I try to sing harmony w/out someone to guide me. Guy is the greatest.

Who is smarter? Let's see... who's the dental student? Yeah. Guy wins again.

Who is more sensitive? Um, probably me.

When there is a fight, who usually wins? As cheesy as it sounds, we really don't "fight". But whatever we do that might resemble fighting, Guy is always the first to apologize for anything. He's quick to recognize stuff like that and I always admire him for it.

Who does the laundry? The majority of the time, it's me. But mostly 'cuz Guy's gone all day every day at school.

Who does the dishes? I guess I do them more on a regular basis, but when, on occasion, they pile up taller than me (usually after the missionaries come for dinner), Guy is often the one who is brave enough to take 'em on.

Who sleeps on the right? Me.

Who pays the bills? Me usually.

Who mows the lawn? Oh wait, this is assuming that we actually have a lawn to mow... whoops. However, if/when that day does finally come, I think I'll have to fight Guy and/or Adam for a turn. For some reason I kinda like it.

Who cooks dinner? Oh, right... cooking... uh, when it happens, it's usually me. I really do enjoy cooking; it's just that I'm not always organized enough to have it planned out with ingredients and all. So if we're both starving and don't have anything planned already, it's usually a combined effort to figure out what we have that's still edible in the fridge.

Who drives when you are together? Guy usually (yes, Jim). But on long road trips, Guy usually prefers not to drive, while I prefer to.

Who is more stubborn? If you ask my side of the family, I guess it's me.

Who kissed whom first? Guy kissed me. ...After commenting on my legs, I believe (oh yeah, he's smooth).

Who asked who out first? Blind date.

Who proposed? Guy! So cute. He serenaded me with his guitar by candlelight. :)

Who has more siblings? Guy definitely wins that one too! He has 7 siblings and I have 4.

Who wears the pants in the family? Depends on the task at hand. ;)

6 comments:

Sue said...

I love reading other people's tags. So fun! You guys are too cute together. Can't wait to see you...sometime?

Laurel said...

I had totally forgotten that you two were set up. I love it! I can't wait to see you at Rob's reception (YOU'RE driving, right?)!

Alicia said...

I remember when it all happened!! Yay Leavitts!

Alicia said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Kro!

Karin said...

Hurray for Guy! We miss you 3 already. (Guy really drives more??;)

gasdaddy said...

Loved the post guys! It was soooo fun to see you a couple of weeks ago. Are you sure you don't want to get back in the car and do it again real soon???? :)