Please tell me it isn't really August already, and especially please don't tell me that our summmer days are already numbered! I love this place for so many reasons, but the pending doom of winter is definitely not one of them. I LOVE taking advantage of the days of spring, summer, and fall... even though they may only last about 3 months combined. So here's my ode to summer. May it stay as long as possible...




Adam and I just love being outside; whatever excuse we can find. This one in particular was in the fountains at an outdoor mall w/some friends.

Craigslist has been my close companion as we bought 2 bikes, a bike rack, and a bike trailer though there (all really cheap, trust me). I LOVE it! It's been a great way to get around and run close errands that way. Especially how gas is looking lately!

Monday night VOLLEYball! We started playing volleyball at a nearby park this summer, and it quickly became a weekly habit (after
Family Home Evening, of course). It's been a lot of fun.
Oh, so many activities... so little room. Other fun things we look forward to are: Sunday night dessert nights in the cul-de-sac (usually followed by croquet and/or lasso golf), frequent visits to the zoo, cheap kids' movies w/free popcorn, parks with splash pads, tennis (though I'm still no better than I was on jr. high), festivals (Milwaukee os full of 'em!), BBQs, rummage sales, washing the car, rollercoasters, and more. Love these summer days!
2 comments:
I lived there with my Grandma and we went to ALL the festivals, rode the buses, walked the docks, and held our scarves closed tightly to keep the wind out. Enjoy the summer while it lasts.
XO
Becky
you guys have ALL the fun! You're tempting me to come out for a little visit! Better hurry before the winter storms come, though...
Love that Adam boy! He's so lucky to have such a fun, active mommy!!!
Post a Comment