We had a stake temple day last Saturday and we were blessed to be able to go. Let me just say that attending the temple is an amazing privilege. And being able to attend the temple with members of your branch/ward, who are your neighbors and friends, is even greater (in my opinion). Same goes for family members. It's always an awesome experience to go to the temple and to be spiritually uplifted and reminded of where my priorities should be.
So, we would not have been able to enjoy such great experiences were it not for Kendee & Steve's great kindness in watching over Adam for us (And we're not forgetting about the Kopp's that we owe you guys! Thanks again.). I was worried coming home, though... hoping that Adam hadn't been too much of a hassle for his willing babysitters. Not that I had any reason to worry; it's just that Adam has HATED being left pretty much anywhere lately. But apparently those worries were all in vain. We got back to Kendee's place and we find Adam watching "The Incredibles" (a HUGE favorite lately), sitting on Lake's "Mater" chair, which was perched on top of their cozy red couch... I don't think he even noticed that we had left hours earlier. He was too busy with his own personal popcorn bowl to even notice that we'd walked in the room. I was relieved, though. Hopefully this attachment phase is finally fading. So when I jokingly asked if Daddy and I should go home and leave him there to stay at Lake's house, his simple reply was, "Please." Ha! Love that kid.
An Engineering Champ
5 months ago


4 comments:
Hello Leavit's!
How are you doing? I was checking out the Ogao's blog and saw your blog link. I can't believe how big Adam is getting! He must be a lot of fun. Dallin is 2 1/2 now and is so much fun. Hope you are all doing great. TAke care.
Carmen Hillstead
Oh, I forgot. Here is our family blog link if you'd like to check it out :)
http://acd-hillstead-family.blogspot.com/
hey kristin--yeah some new posts...I religiously check your blog to see how adorable adam keeps getting and I was thrilled to be able to read so much about you! I was talking to Karin (ok emailing) and she said she too was coming into "O" town for the December holiday. I would love to get the Lee sisters and Kempton sisters and go to a fun girl's lunch or whatever...that would be so fun! Keep me posted when you'll be in town (In case you'd rather not tell the world wide web what your exact holiday plans are) my email is beammer@hotmail.com. Hope this finds you well!
Hey there Kro!
I had no idea you and Kendee were close enough to do such things. How fun!
Post a Comment