After the surgery I was wheeled into a recovery room where they continued to try and get my "skakes" under control. I also had this crazy, unquenchable thirst that Guy thought there was something seriously weird about. I was finally able to be wheeled up (in my bed) to see our babies in their room on NICU with Guy. What little miracles! As I mentioned, we weren't able to hold Jack yet. Hopefully sometime soon, though!


Sadie, on the other hand, was all wide-eyed and looked ready to take on the world! They're both just so tiny and delicate and it's crazy to think that they were both in my belly only hours before.



A little while later, Grandma (who'd been with Adam all day... lifesaver!) brought Adam up for a little visit. I missed that Adam boy... man, it's not easy leaving a child (or children) at home during times like this, huh?! Unfortunately he's not allowed in NICU right now because he's under 18 and we haven't passed up flu season yet. I was really worried that he'd be pretty upset when he found out he wouldn't be able to see the babies, but for now he's been
mostly content to just see pictures. He was so excited and proud to bring in pictures to his preschool yesterday! So here's a pic that Adam took of Grandma up with us in my room. I am SO sad that we don't have a picture of her with the babies. She ended up being able to visit them on Tuesday but neither Guy nor I could go with her at the time so we weren't able to document their visit together. Please forgive us! We are so grateful that you "happened" to be up here this weekend and just took care of everything at home for us.

My parents got in
really late that night, after having just driven up from Utah. They stopped in real quick to say hi and it was so good to see them. They apparently tried to sneak in and see the babies too, but were rejected at the NICU desk because they didn't have the proper authorization yet. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment