I get additional drugs through the epidural and am feeling great until the procedure starts. The drape goes up in front of me and, within a minute or two, I get this crazy-intense headache pounding through my head. I'm communicating this to Guy and the anesthesiologist who are both seated near my head, and the anesthesiologist promises me some additional drugs that he's going to administer as soon as both babies are out. As if I need additional motivation to see the little guys at this point! After a lot of tugging and moving and pushing and pulling, I suddenly feel a release in my abdomen and a sharp cry fills the air. Oh my gosh! It's our baby girl. Tears spring to my eyes and I just can't stop them at this point... it's like the ultimate breakdown point, right? Years of infertility, the amazing blessing of Adam in our lives, more years of trying to adopt again, and a surprisingly successful IVF process. And now I hear this innocent cry... representitive, to me, of the Lord's answer to many prayers. Now comes my worry and waiting to hear little brother and hoping that both babies are healthy... they're barely 34 weeks along, which makes them about 6 weeks early. Baby brother comes soon after, and here are a bunch of pix documenting those few minutes. A nurse in the room was kind enough to take a bunch for us, and I'm so grateful! They're kind of in random order, but I'll try to group them at least by child. :)
Introducing Sadie Joan (named after her maternal grandma)
Born on 4/5/10 at about 4:50pm (I've been out of it and still don't have official times yet:)
4 lb 14 oz, 17.5 in
A big scare during the delivery was the discovery of a "true knot" in Sadie's umbilical cord. The knot had apparently not been pulled tight enough to affect her health yet, but it certainly had that potential to do that. We realized that, if my water had not broken Monday morning and forced us to deliver these babies, we would not have made this unfortunate discovery and she could easily have not made it. What a scary thought and incredible blessing at the same time. Heavenly Father certainly does know each one of us and watches over us.
Here's that knot, still attached to her...
Guy, cutting Sadie's cord...
Now introducing Jackson (or Jack) Dee (named after his paternal grandpa)
Born on 4/5/10 at 4:55pm
5 lb 6 oz, 17 in
Daddy cutting Jack's cord...


9 comments:
I've just read all three of your last posts, through tears of joy and relief. I'm SO beyond thankful that Jack and Sadie are here and that you are feeling better and up to posting! I've felt like an ant on a hot rock since last Wednesday - anxious for all of your welfare. It's certainly been a week of prayers in your behalf! Your babies are beautiful; what a great little family you have! Make sure to give those babies kisses from Aunt Beth and a big hug for Adam. Way to go, Guy and Kristin!
Hooray!! What beautiful babies you have! Oh we are so excited for you guys! What a wonderful week, I've been thinking about you all since the 5th for some reason and now I know why! Congratulations and way to tough it out Kristin-you are amazing. Your family is so lucky to have you. I'm impressed Guy was so calm...I'm sure that was exactly what you needed. Enjoy every minute with them-even the ones where they are bundled up in NICU beds-those days won't last long and their teeny tiny fingers will grow so fast. I remember holding Nolan when he was just 4lbs 140z...it feels more like a doll than a baby! What little miracles! Congrats again!
Oh, my goodness!!! I am so happy for you guys I can't believe it. I had seen from both Karin and Rob that you had these sweet babies, and had to wait for YOUR post for any more details (those party poopers, Karin and Rob...). They are beautiful and I love, love, love their names Sadie and Jack! This whole thing is still so amazing to me it makes me tear up. Congratulations to ALL of you, Kristin!!!
This made me cry! It's such an amazing emotional experience to deliver children, and I just couldn't help myself. :) Big congratulations, they're beautiful and I love the names!
(This is John) Hooray!!!!!!! They're so beautiful! Congratulations, you guys!!! What adorable babies! And I love the names!!! Way to go! What an amazing story about the true knot in the umbilical cord. Wow. What a miracle.
(This is Karisa) HALLELUJAH!!!!!! Man, you guys have had so many miracles throughout this entire process. It has been really entertaining and sweet to read through all your different posts-- I know you must be exhausted and these take a long time to write, but I'm glad you're documenting all of it. (And I'm sure Jack and Sadie will be glad one day too.) CONGRATULATIONS! We won't smoke cigars in your honor, but trust us we really want to!
Ohhh... ohhh... tears .... tears... so beautiful!!!!!!!!! I have checked the blog like 60 times and am SO happy that all seems well with you all. Congrats!!
Wow, congratulations! We feel so much excitement for you guys and know that Adam and these little babys are so lucky to have you two as parents. The baby's are so precious. Please don't apologize for so many posts or details. The more the better :). luv Carmen
Oh man you made me cry. I am SO happy for you guys. It is crazy how many things have to go just right when it comes to getting babies here safely.
Post a Comment