Monday, April 19, 2010

"So happy together..."

Alright, so this picture/update is over a week late... but here it is anyway. Last Sunday (4/11), after Jack was extubated for the last time, he and Sadie were reunited at last! It was so sweet and such a relief to finally have them co-bedding. I'm not sure why, but it made me feel so much better knowing they were together. This picture is pretty telling of their personalities thus far. When she's not sleeping, Sadie just has her eyes open wide and is constantly searching her surroundings. It's funny because she doesn't turn her head at all... just wide-eyed and looking all over. Like many babies, she hates being changed or having to wait to eat, and she is very vocal about it! Quite the set of lungs. And Jack has been way more laid-back. He's such a sweetheart... just love his puppy-dog eyes and the way he looks up at you. I think he just might be the calming force in this duo... and probably in our family altogether. These guys are quite the pair and we LOVE them!

As I've mentioned, no one under 18 is allowed in the NICU. So, Adam had yet to meet his new little siblings. We tried to keep him involved as much as we could. Showed him pictures and videos of Jack and Sadie, and put up pictures that he painted for them above their bed. It's been rough, but he's been a champ through all of it. I love him and appreciate him for his patience and understanding... it's a lot to ask a 4-year-old. Guy has been beyond amazing and supportive. It's kind of not fair for the dads, I decided. The babies get the most care and attention, of course. Then the mom, then siblings, and I think the dad's needs get pushed behind everyone else. Guy is always thoughtful and selfless, but especially lately. I love you, babe!

Here's just a silly pic of Adam and Guy playing around in the NICU waiting room. I'm such a wuss. There are NICU parents who have to wait weeks or months before their babies come home, and I'm already whining. :)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Love both photos! It's great to see the twins together. All of you have really been troopers and I'm so glad Adam finally got to meet his little sister! We'll keep praying for Jack to join the family soon.

Katie said...

You are doing such a great job at updating... I have to admit your blog is always the one I check first:) All 3 of your babies are so sweet!(big boys are still babies even when they are big brothers in my eyes...) I am so happy for you!

T & E's Blog said...

I don't know why that picture of the two of them makes me want to cry. It's really touching!!! We are soooooooo thrilled for you guys and wish we were there!!!

Sue said...

THANK YOU for the updates! it's taking everything in me to not hop in the car & head up there! LOVE the pictures...so sweet. love you guys!