Monday, April 26, 2010

Spoke too soon

Well, I guess I spoke (or blogged) too soon. Within a few hours of the below post we were at an appointment w/Jack's pediatrician who, in turn, was on the phone with Jack's neonatologist who recommended readmitting Jack to the NICU. Long story short, his breating issues are no longer isolated to just feeding times and the neonatologist wants to monitor him more closely. Of course we were very sad to drop our little man back off at the hospital, not knowing when we'll be able to bring him home again. But we feel so blessed knowing how well our Jack is being taken care of. There are some great doctors, nurses, and other staff in that NICU; and they, of course, have his best interests at heart. We just pray that Jack will feel comfortable and make the progress that he needs to in order to (re)join his family. I keep reminding myself that I should technically still be 37 weeks pregnant. It is an incredible blessing that these 3-week-old preemies are doing as well as they are. We've been very blessed.

We miss you already little guy! Sleep tight.

12 comments:

Beth said...

So sorry, but I know he's being well-taken care of. We're praying you're all together again soon.

Laurel said...

That picture is absolutely priceless. What a sweet boy. He'll be home soon enough!

Dez said...

Your babies are soooo sweet! Thinking of you! I wish I was there to help you with Jack and his feeding/swallowing issues-now you know what I do with the babies for my work. If you have any ?'s let me know. I am glad that you are all doing so well. You will all be reunited soon!!! Miss ya.

Jon & Kim said...

Your babies are so beautiful!!! We hope little Jack gets to come home soon!

Amanda said...

We'll be praying for him and for you guys!

Natalie said...

I'm sorry to hear this. He is such a cute little guy. Just think though he is in the best hands and being taken care of very well. You guys will all be together soon!! Let me know if you need anything! I may just have to force Adam to come get some icecream with me! =)

Katie Irion said...

Kristin,
These babies are too cute. I cannot believe how tiny and simply adorable. Grace walked in while I was looking at your blog and was so excited to see her friend Adam with his new brother Jack. Hope he comes home soon. At least there is some relief that he is getting complete and utter devotion from the staff. Geez, I applaud your little life right now. Wish I could be there to see it in person.

Jenna said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I'm sure he'll be home again soon. You're in our prayers and we're soo happy for you!!

Kendee said...

Good luck and congratulations. I am so happy for you guys!

Liz said...

I'm sorry things aren't going perfectly smoothly, but I am sure it will get better soon! We are praying for your family!

Jacquee said...

I hope he gets to come home soon! You're handling all of this like a champ, by the way.

Also, I wanted to pass along a little link. There are 6 or 7 sets of twins in my ward (it's crazy!) and one of the dad's hosts this website: http://www.dadsguidetotwins.com/
It's a father's perspective on raising twins--Guy might enjoy it, too. His twin girls are almost 2 years old and he shares a lot of his experiences and after thoughts. Hope it's helpful!

We'll be keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers!

Alicia said...

Oh, I'll bet you are just dying to have him all to yourself. But, you're right--he is in good hands.